NYT Travel Show: Post 4 (Every thing’s Greater With Caipirinhas)

dscn1654

Brazil was genuinely just resting up for the bash it was placing on later in the day. Brazilians are also just great sufficient where they can come to a decision to read through the paper and let you figure out for your self why you should go to their awesome nation.

dscn1655

dscn1660

Peru’s sensible sufficient to know that they just have to have to maintain the ceviche coming and the visitors will comply with naturally.

dscn1661

You know, for the reason that travel agents have it so challenging that they truly, seriously will need back massages to enable them unwind.

dscn1663

dscn1664

The day was capped off with a final cocktail meet-and-greet the place the tropical caipirinhas staying served have been an all-also-welcome reminder of why Brazil is almost certainly a way much better place to be in early February than most of the rest of the globe.

I also ran into the fine folks above at TripFilms.com (and by “run into” I suggest texted them and asked them to come locate me when I waited patiently near the Mexico booth so that I could badger them in man or woman as to why they haven’t picked my current Cartagena video as a “Featured Video” however on their web page.)

I’m not positive if I was really convincing, but halfway by means of my rant they rapidly altered the subject and told me about the initially annual Trippy Awards — an award going to the very best travel video host of the 12 months whom they will be rewarding with a Yangtze River cruise (stay tuned later in the week for some shameful self-promotion to get myself in the front-operating).

Tomorrow’s speaker routine is set, kicking off with my nemesis Rick Steves at ten:30, followed by the Frommers and then Samantha Brown of the Travel Channel. Check out back tomorrow for additional updates and even further travel celebrity sightings. (I’m definitely pulling for Anthony Bourdain to make a surprise physical appearance, brandish a cooking knife and go to town cooking up some lunch in excess of at the France booth. Doubtful, but a guy can have dreams.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Magical Guide to the Warner Bros Studio Tour in London: Everything You Need to Know

An Exciting Hike to Half Dome in Yosemite, USA